18 years ago as a wedding present from Russ we bought our first little kitty. We weren't ready for kids - so buying a pet seemed like the right thing to do as newlyweds! I've never really been a "cat person" per se. But years ago my friend had a two of the most beautiful Himalayan cats that I had ever seen. They were so fluffy and gorgeous! So as soon as we returned from our honeymoon we drove over to the breeder where my friend had bought her cats. The yard was riddled with kitties - cats were everywhere...up in the trees, under the bushes, in the dirt and on the grass...but I had to pick ONE! I searched and searched - as I knew what I wanted my cat to look like...really white with brown markings and blue eyes. All the cats I was seeing where darker looking and not as snow white as I was hoping for. I was about to settle for what they had until I looked to my left and under one of the bushes was this little 5 month old kitty - who at the same time looked up at me! Our eyes caught and I instantly exclaimed "that's the one!" I ran over to pick her up and it was love from that moment on...

We brought her home and she instantly became our first baby...until 2 years later when we really brought our first baby home...

I don't think she knew what to think of baby Joshua!
Over the past month we could tell Ashley's life was coming to an end. We spent as much time with her and we could tell she thrived on the affection...until today when we knew it was time to say goodbye to her. As hard as it was to say our goodbyes - we had 18 wonderful years packed full of memories we will cherish for our lifetime!

We will miss you our sweet Ashley!

sniff sniff
ReplyDelete