Saturday, January 3, 2009

Living Out Loud in 2009!!!!

Happy New Year family and friends!
As you know - I'm new to this world of blogging. But I wanted to share with you how we Live Out Loud. When I found this song by Steven Curtis Chapman in my iTunes library - I knew this was the song to define not only this blog - but hopefully come to define how we do life. It's not always exciting & it's certainly not perfect - but we hope that our life is a living declaration of all that God has done in our lives. Just like Matthew 5:16 says "...let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." This song is a celebration of that verse. Check out the lyrics below - along with the photos I've thrown in that show how we brought in the New Year with our dear friends that we do life with:
(to hear "Live Out Loud" select the song on my Playlist at the bottom of my blog)

Imagine this...
I get a phone call from Regis - he says
"Do you want to be a millionaire?"
They put me on a show and I win with two lifelines to spare!

Picture this...
I act like nothing ever happened
and bury all the money in a coffee can.

Well, I've been given more than Regis ever gave away
I was a dead man who was called to come out of my grave!

I think it's time for makin' some noise...

Wake the neighbors...
Get the word out!!
Come on...crank up the music
Climb a mountain and shout...

This is life we've been given...
made to be lived out
So, la, la, la, la, Live Out Loud!!!


Think about this...
Try to keep a bird from singing after it's soared up in the sky
Give the sun a cloudless day and tell it not to shine

Think about this...
If we really have been given the gift of life that will never end

And if we have been filled with living hope, we're gonna overflow
And if God's love is burning in our hearts, we're gonna glow

There's just no way to keep it in!!

Wake the neighbors...
Get the word out!!
Come on...crank up the music
Climb a mountain and shout!!

This is life we've been given...made to be lived out
So, la, la, la, la, Live Out Loud!!!

Every corner of creation is a living declaration
Come join the song we were made to sing...


Happy New Year!!!
(song written & sung by Steven Curtis Chapman)

2 comments: