
It's hard to believe that 15 years ago today I was lying in my hospital bed all tied up to every machine imaginable waiting for this kid to come out. It was a long 24 hour labor that started with 2 weeks of prodromal labor (labor that would start and stop) and finally 9 days after my due date and still no significant signs of impending labor my doctor induced me.
With a little pitocin - I was thrown into the pain-staking depths of LABOR!!
And let me just say - Thank God for Epidurals!
And so we waited...and I labored in the comfort of my hospital bed. Friends & family came and went - yet I did not progress. 24 hours later I was only 2 centemeters dialated. Josh's heart rate continued to decline so my doctor broke the news that it was necessary to do an emergency c-section. At that point I was over trying to do labor - I just wanted him out!
Josh, you are an awesome gift from God & a blessing to our family.

We are so proud of who you are & the man you are becoming. We admire your Godly character & your heart for God and we’re impressed by your perseverance & dedication to doing your best. Throughout your life it’s our prayer that you will continue to seek after those qualities & let your light shine in the world!
Your family loves you so very much!!!




Happy birthday Josh!!!
ReplyDeleteHe was SOOOOOOOOOO cute!... almost as cute as your hair style!
xo