Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chelsea Brighton...


Can you tell which one is the real Chelsea Brighton?
The top is a photo I captured with my new camera one day that Chelsea felt like posing for me. But remarkably the bottom photo is an oil painting I had done of Chelsea last month. My friend Cheryl who is an incredible artist painted her after I sent her the above photograph and asked "don't you want to paint her?" The next thing I knew - she had painted this gorgeous painting of Chelsea! The resemblance is uncanny! She nailed it!

I waited patiently as I wanted to give this painting to my boys for Easter. Needless-to-say they were blow away. The beautiful painting proudly hangs in my office where I can see it everyday.
Thankfully, the real version is sitting on my feet as I type!!!

To see more of Cheryl's paintings checkout her website: http://thepaintedcanvas.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. It IS pretty uncanny actually!
    Jordan's face in the photo is also strangely interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shelly, for posting both photo's so others can see the resemblance! I do appreciate you posting the painting, I had a wonderful time painting her!! Thanks for having such a beautiful dog! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl - I added your website to the post in case people want to check out your other works!

    ReplyDelete