As parents we are (usually) delighted to watch our kids experience many "firsts" in their lives...their first smile, their first tooth, their first steps...and in the blink of an eye they're putting on a tux and going to their first Prom!!!


Last night Josh went with his friend Sarah to her Prom - along with her twin sister Nicole and Josh's good friend Paul. Josh has been friends with Sarah and Nicole for many years from church and they are such sweet girls!! So for us as parents - this first was the perfect way to open a new chapter in our lives where we are continuously letting a little piece of him go and carefully allowing the leash to get a little longer. I'm acutely aware that we only have a few more years and he'll no longer be on that leash - but until that moment arrives - I've got a firm grip on it and I'm making sure he's at the end of it at all times! It was fun to see Josh get dressed up in a tux for the first time...

It was also pretty hilarious to watch him try to figure out how to put a wrist corsage on a girl for the first time and ask her if she wanted the "sparkly grass to go along with her corsage?"
...and then be stoked because he figured it out!

It was darling to see Josh be a gentleman to a girl for the first time...
And it's always funny to see these two goof-balls together!

After all the photos were done I couldn't help but follow them to the car and maybe they wouldn't notice me taking photos of them...

They were excited for their fun night at Downtown Disney and the Disneyland Hotel where the Prom was being held.
And off he went for the first time...in a Range Rover driven by their chauffeur - Sarah's Mom!

They had a wonderful time - and I hope he'll always remember his first Prom!
They had a wonderful time - and I hope he'll always remember his first Prom!
(Click here to see more Prom photos)

No comments:
Post a Comment